question

phil6905 avatar image
phil6905 asked

Noisy and hot

I bought a blue smart ip22 charger 12/30 (3) charger and when i plugged it in it makes an awful and irritating loud buzzing noise, it also got up to 57 deg celcius and at this point i shut it down. There was no cooling fan operating and i want to know whats wrong with it?

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@Phil6905 moved to the normal Q&A

Sounds not normal, you should contact the seller from whom you bought it to get a replacement.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

I just bought 2 of these this week.

Both are as @Phil6905 noted here, irritating LOAD buzzing noise (50hz), and very hot (63C), but the cooling fan works. The room they are installed in has a temperature of 18C

Is it a series of bad chargers, or is this a mistake introduced with new construction?

0 Likes 0 ·
tk-421 avatar image tk-421 johnny-brusevold commented ·
I got one of these recently and it's the same: loud, and gets quite hot at full power. The noise decreases once it has been charging for a while (even while still at full power). There is a fan, but it's quiet and doesn't move very much air, so it would be easy to not notice it.

I think the aluminum case is the heat sink for the power electronics, so although it gets quite warm, that may be expected. It will also feel very hot to the touch due to being aluminum instead of, say, plastic.

1 Like 1 ·