question

davidb avatar image
davidb asked

MPPT 100/45 disconnects from CCGX

Hi, I am using a quattro 8000/48/110 with CCGX, I have a MPPT 100/45 and a fronius 5 as solar chargers. We are using the BYD b box with 112 KWH of storage. The CCGX is mounted approx 60m away from the power source connected via a lan cable. The MPPT 100/45 disconnects from the CCGX randomly and thus we lose the solar that it is managing. This system worked well from 7 months after install, but now it becomes disconnected a short time after unplugging and plugging back the ve direct cable from MPPT to CCGX, anyone have any idea's please

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi David. From our end it's not clear what your "60m" means. If that's the length of the VE.Direct cable, then I wouldn't expect it to work at all. But maybe that's not what you mean anyway. Can you confirm?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidb avatar image davidb commented ·

Hi @JohnC, Yes the CCGX is 60 meters distance from solar controllers, inverter, storage. The VE direct cable is converted to a lan cable cat6E. This cable is underground to the CCGX, as I mentioned this worked well for a period of 7 months or so.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidb avatar image
davidb answered ·

Hi JohnC, Yes the CCGX is 60 meters distance from solar controllers, inverter, storage. The VE direct cable is converted to a lan cable cat6E. This cable is underground to the CCGX, as I mentioned this worked well for a period of 7 months or so.

2 |3000