question

homoesteadhomie avatar image
homoesteadhomie asked

3 250/100 charge controllers not going in to bulk

I have no explanation for what happened. I have 3 250/100 smart charge controllers. ALL of them keep going in to float or absorption but quit going in to bulk. Im at my witts end trying to figure it out. We are off-grid and my wife is home with the kids while I'm away on business so this is making a difficult situation for her. We have reset, disconnected them, tried so many things and still can't get them to cooperate. just started yesterday after running flawlessly since february. Got beautiful clear skies and a lot of confusion. thanks in advance

7-11-22-remote-console.png remote-console.png

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I wonder if something happened to cause the MPPTs to be disconnected from the battery at some point, a BMS disconnection or something? Then perhaps the chargers lost power for long enough that they are now set to 12V or 24V nominal Voltage and so won't rebulk until a much lower Voltage which will never be seen on a 48V battery.

Is it possible to get your wife to check the setting in Victronconnect? If the MPPT's are connected with VE.Direct cables, the you could use Remote VictronConnect to check yourself.
1657575219820.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1657575219820.png (10.7 KiB)
0 Answers