question

eyrere avatar image
eyrere asked

3parallel Multiplus Battery to lynx busbar cable size

Hi,

I have 3x multiplus 5's connected to a 48V lead acid bank.

What is best option/ way to wire from battery bank to lynx distributor? Cable size req works out to 185mm for 600A surge power? Seems too big an hard to work with?

Any tips?

Cheers

48v batterybattery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

You have a few batteries/strings in parallel?

Wire each one separately to the busbars. Make sure all positive wires are the same length. Also make sure that all negative wires are the same length.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eyrere avatar image eyrere commented ·

Lead acid bank, not lithium and multiplus System is in 3 phase configuration, so individual units have 70mm protected by 200A c/b but trying to size the common cable from bank to distributor @ peak discharge.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 eyrere commented ·

but trying to size the common cable from bank to distributor @ peak discharge

That's what I am talking about. Depending on what that battery bank is made of, a "common cable" might not be required.

0 Likes 0 ·
eyrere avatar image eyrere seb71 commented ·

It will look like photo below I will definitely need a cable betwen bank and dist? Or am I missing something with the calcs?

0 Likes 0 ·
eyrere avatar image eyrere eyrere commented ·

80a36fcf-8bae-421d-bd9e-5947bea90525.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
I keep asking how it is your battery bank?

Individual 2V cells, 6V or 12V batteries and how are they connected? One string? More strings in parallel?

0 Likes 0 ·

2v cells x24 1x 48V bank in total

0 Likes 0 ·

I was thinking that the capacity must be huge to power 3x5kVA inverters so maybe you have a few battery strings, not just a single one.

But in your single string case you have one positive and one negative wire from the battery.

Some run two smaller wires in parallel for each terminal (like 2x95mm2), to make the wires more manageable in such cases when a very thick wire would be required. But use a single fuse (for the two positive wires) if you go this route.

Either way, probably won't fit in the Lynx Power In side connections so use the ends of the busbars. And a fuse holder + fuse. You can use NH type.

1 Like 1 ·
No worries, thanks for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
tom4x avatar image
tom4x answered ·

Cable size req works out to 185mm for 600A surge power?

How do you calculate the 600A? The maximum charge current per MPII 48/5000 is 70A, per unit. 200A per unit is the recommended fuse size and 70mm² is the recommended cable diameter. Per unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

eyrere avatar image eyrere commented ·

System is in 3 phase configuration, so individual units have 70mm protected by 200A c/b but trying to size the common cable from bank to distributor @ peak discharge.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic