question

lonesom avatar image
lonesom asked

Multiplus II 48-5000-70 grid disconnect time?

What is the response time for the Multiplus II to disconnect grid feed-in when there are non desirable grid conditions (over/under frequency or over/under voltage). 20ms?

Thanks for your help.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jc2010 avatar image
jc2010 answered ·

I haven't come across any declarations relating to response times in the face of grid instability, there are likely two reasons why I haven't found this information.

1. It varies based on grid code requirements, so might be country dependent and as such there isn't a one size fits all answer.

2. The multiplus-2 is primarily meant to be used as a grid-tie Energy Storage System and isn't meant to support unstable grids. Off-grid inverters and gen sets are meant for this scenario.

The only other piece of information I have come across that relates to the measurement of the multiplus-2's response to failure scenarios relates to the loss of communication. Specifically in regards to G100:
https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/victron-g100-declaration-multi.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lonesom avatar image lonesom commented ·
Thanks for your response @jc2010.

I live in a stable grid country, however am required by local laws to provide these metrics to the grid operator if I intend to feed-in.

I'll keep searching, as the disconnect times must be for the specific model installed (Multiplus II 48-5000-70).

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Some trip and no-trip times are documented in the G99 Certificate of Compliance VICEN_02691_201124090551.pdf - which I think I found on the ENA database here..

2 |3000

crispin avatar image
crispin answered ·

I've just been looking at that screen for the UK. If you fieblo ve configurator you can see it in the country code section.

If you're in UK, I can do screenshot tomorrow. Iirc it was 2 seconds

2 |3000

lonesom avatar image
lonesom answered ·

Thanks @sharpener, @Crispin.

This is useful to know.

I've got a Victron team member digging me out the table of compliance trip times for my region. I'll post them here for closure once they are supplied.

2 |3000