question

ntahan avatar image
ntahan asked

Multiplus shuts down when Mk1b converter connected

Hello,

I have a Phoenix Multiplus 24/300/70. When I plug the plug the UTP cable from the Multiplus into the adapter, the Multiplus shuts down. Is this correct operation? I have not connected to my computer as I don't want to damage anything.

When I unplug it, it powers up again as normal.

I am not sure how old the unit is, as I bought it second hand.

Thanks for any help!

Nathan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That is normal operation on those older units. Continue to connect your computer up and once the VE.Configure software established a connection to your MultiPlus you'll hear it turn on again.

My very old MultiPlus and MK2 combination behave the same way.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I originally wrote "not allowed operation". I did not mean that, auto-correct did it without me noticing. I'm sorry for misleading anyone, I have corrected the mistake.

0 Likes 0 ·
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The subject say MK1b but this cannot be correct i think. or it must be really old.
When connected using VEConfig you can read out the firmware number. This can give an idea of the age if it is not recently updated.

To know the age of the unit you can check the serialnumber if the label is still attached.
It will beging with HQ and then 4 numbers being the year and week of production.

The behaviour is normal with older firmware. If you update to the latest version xx159 of xx430 this behaviour will change.

best regards

Martijn

2 |3000

bluepowershop avatar image
bluepowershop answered ·

Hi Nathan,

If you don't want your system to shut off during connection with your computer it is also possible to connect the MK x to your computer first, start up VE.Configure and make it connect via the appropriate COM port.
As soon as the computer tries to establish the connection (shown by "walking" dots) plug in the Multi and it will not power down.

When you make alterations that need a reset of the unit or on a modern device alter something in the assistants tab the unit has to restart at uploading the settings, this will also power the system down a few seconds.

The behavior is completely normal, don't worry.
As long as your're not sending (upload) anything to the Multi you can not harm it.

Regards,

Mark

2 |3000

ntahan avatar image
ntahan answered ·

Thank you so much for the answers people!

2 |3000