On page 8 of Whitepaper Data Communication With Victron Energy Products the remarks for AC Input Voltage Data explain that the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface uses multiple CAN bus addresses to over load Input vs Output data. As a result, software that wants these values must know both addresses being used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface.
This raises the following questions:
- How many and what are the CAN Bus Addresses used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface when it ships from the factory?
- Are all of those addresses Claimed in accordance with the ISO standards for CAN device address management?
- Of those CAN addresses, which have the Arbitrary Address Capable bit set in the NAME provided during Claim?
- If any have the Arbitrary Address Capable bit set, s it possible to clear that bit in the various NAMEs used to Claim the CAN addresses so that they do not get dynamically reassigned?
- Is it possible to change the device address of all CAN addresses used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface through use of Maretron N2KAnalyzer? If not, what tools can be used to reassign these addresses?
Thank you for your support.