question

jku-overlander avatar image
jku-overlander asked

MPPT 75/15 Green and Yellow flashing lights

The other day i noticed the batter on my jeep dying. I tried to open my Victron app, it shows my controller but does not let me access the data anymore.

I just noticed on the controller the yellow and green lights are flashing and alternating.

They do this if I hook up the PV or the Battery....

Does this mean my controller is shot? It is less than a year old :(

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

That LED pattern could mean this:

Charger or panel over-voltage

Do you have more PV panels in series? If yes, what is the Voc?

Any other charging sources connected to the same battery?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @JKU_OVerlander

I tried to open my Victron app, it shows my controller but does not let me access the data anymore.

This sounds like the internal Bluetooth dongle is not able to communicate with MPPT part anymore. And the LEDs blinking sound like the MPPT part is in bootloader mode in which it expects a new firmware. I would expect that VictronConnect reports that the MPPT needs new firmware, but when the communication between the two is not working, it is not weird that it does not give this option.

The only thing that I can think of is to try to update the firmware using the VE.Direct port, but this requires a VE.Direct USB cable.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000