question

fistobar avatar image
fistobar asked

VictronConnect connection issue

Hi,

I have VictronConnect app on my iPhone and iPad. Both apps see my VE Direct Smart and BSC IP65 12/15. The iPhone will connect to and read both devices but the iPad will only connect to the BSC when attempting to connect to the DirectSmart it hangs at 20% and never moves on (I have to quit out of the app). The iPhone app is closed when I attempt to use the iPad.

Thanks for any suggestions.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Is the VE.Direct Smart dongle already paired on the iPad? If it is the case go to the iPad Bluetooth setting page and remove the dongle from the paired devices list.

Which iPad model is it and iOS version is running?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fistobar avatar image fistobar commented ·

Thanks for the answer. I was running 12.0 on an 2017 iPad Pro. Updated yesterday to 12.1 and all working fine now.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

I had the same trouble with my ipad. A bluetooth re - pair of the controller on the ipad helped me out.

Markus

2 |3000

Luit Jan avatar image
Luit Jan answered ·

Same issue. Connection to both iPad and iPhone are working but sometimes it hangs at 20%. Then I have to kill the application and start from the beginning. This happens every day....

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic