question

dave7700 avatar image
dave7700 asked

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for their inverter battery storage system they could share please??

Dear all

There is an awful lot of info on here, with people that know their stuff.

What I cannot find, and hence tthis question is where would I find a system diagram that also shows exactly where each live, neutral and earth should be connected to, and which specific sub components I should use. The system I am interested in would ideally perform a battery charge overnight and use the stored energy during the day, without solar panels for now. So a 5 or 8kw multiplus 2 with polytech or eg4 batteries. I would get a qualified electrician to perform final install to consumer unit but would attempt the rest off the build myself. (I also want to also improve my knowledge base in advance of getting a pro in)Therefore does anyone have this system operational and be kind enough to sketch their wiring diagram/ schematic for me please? Happy to be quizzed as I've probably oversimplified. My max usage in the winter average is 11.6kwh per day. My meter has a 60amp label on it, so guess that's the input fuse for info. Thanks in advance. Dave.

wiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The schematics you need are mostly in the back of the inverter manuals. Try downloading one of those and read....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

or look for the Victron Wiring Unlimited book

2 |3000

dave7700 avatar image
dave7700 answered ·

Brilliant thank you, will give it a try.

On my second point, if there is anyone actually running a system like I described could they give a nod on here please always handy to be able to chat to someone with experience for us newbies.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Quite a few would fit the bill, including installers. But... Best way is to talk to your dealer. Most of us are volunteers and will answer questions, but when it gets to training/design, that's out of scope here.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic