question

alex435 avatar image
alex435 asked

Multiplus II question

Hi, is it possible to configure a Multiplus II to work on offgrid mode and only when there is an overload or the batteries run out for it to bypass automatically to the gird? I want the battery to be the primary source. Also, can the multiplus II add 5kw on top of my grid capacity for my loads in case of an overload, I think its the power assist feature but from my research it seems like it is designed to use the grid as the main source and help only when the grid power limit is reached.

Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mondeoman avatar image
mondeoman answered ·

@alex435 What you want is possible with the "dedicated Ignore AC" Virtual Switch option.

However, this option flips between grid and battery and that may be annoying. Also, the loads should be carefully monitored not to exceed the inverter max power.

The ESS would be even better if you can use it. It may require permission from the grid operator in your area and it requires additional hardware (a Victron GX device to run the software that controls ESS).

With ESS, the inverter stays on grid, monitors the loads and injects power from batteries into the grid to satisfy the local loads. It does not switch off-grid, unless the grid fails.

If your grid voltage is stable, good quality power, it's worth investigating ESS.

If your grid is unstable with frequent brownouts or blackouts, the "Ignore AC" option is better.

1 comment
2 |3000

alex435 avatar image alex435 commented ·

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Likes 0 ·