question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Drive AC2-out relay manually

Hi

In case of power failture from the Grid I understood that the ESS assistant will drop loads from AC2-out by using the relay to those terminals. So far so good. However, on my own responsibility I want to have the possibility to turn relay on again (manually, when I feel like, no concreate SOCs or times or the like).

Did somebody already do this? Something so simple must be possible.
I see the programmable relay assistant allows trigering of the AC2-out relay by the aux-inputs, so it must be possible in programming, right?

What I imagine is to write to a ModBus register of the Quattro/MP to have the AC2-out on/off. Both relias on the CCGX (CerbeGX for me) have relais with modbus control.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

AC-OUT 2 can not be controlled via external software, so can't be done via Modbus, MQTT, NodeRed, etc.

But you can control it via AUX input using the relay assistants.
You will need 4 assistants if you want it to turn on and off with grid and have AUX input override it.
One for each on and off condition.
ON with AC active for more than 10sec
OFF with AC off for more than 0sec
On with AUX input on for more than 1sec
OFF with AUX input for more than 1sec.

On's will always override off's.
If you want full manual control just do
On with AUX input on for more than 1sec
OFF with AUX input for more than 1sec.

You can then wire AUX input to Cerbo relay and control Cerbo relay via Modbus which would then control AC-OUT2

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
Thats so needlessly complicated, for something that is probably 10 lines of code, that I almost like the idea.
0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake sesshoumaru commented ·

Designing UI based user programing is hard haha.

There is a limitation to VE.Bus that will never get fixed. So external remote control and monitoring of the inverter I/O is limited. Wish I could just read and write all I/O via modbus.

0 Likes 0 ·
sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru shaneyake commented ·

Victron offers reading and write to Modbus Registeres of the Inverters.

I would really love it they would make at least the programmable relais accessible like this. Still can be done via the assistant, just another driver added like "Modbus" - registers can be hard defined to keep a clean API surface.

0 Likes 0 ·

Because of a limitation in the VE.Bus protocol the programmable relay will never be available, as well as AC-OUT2, K1 and the aux input's.

I know other core parameters are available via Modbus. I typically do direct control on the Dbus tho.

0 Likes 0 ·
sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
Do I need to wire all Quattros to the same Cerbo relais? Or is just one enough and the others are intelligent enough to follow?
0 Likes 0 ·

I don't think AC2 assistants work across inverters but not 100% sure. So will probably need every inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·