question

Kaspars avatar image
Kaspars asked

3-phase grid and loads but only 2 multiplus-II. possible to feed partially from multis?

Hello.
I am wondering about the solution to power 3-phase loads in my workshop using power partially from two multiplus II inverters.

So the situation consists of a 3-phase grid connection, 24 450w solar panels in 2x4 SP connections and 3 victron mppts, and only two multiplus II 48V, 5000, 70A and few lifepo4 battery packs.

As i do use the 3-phase loads rarely i did not buy the third multiplus to re-create a 3-phase grid and thought i would take the 3-phase connection from the grid when needed.

I was sourcing the components before the electricity prices skyrocketed...

Now i have this thinking which i can not confirm possible or impossible so i hope you guys can help me get clear with the following idea:

As i have decided NOT to feed back to the grid and have the current sensors for both inverters and would set them accordingly, i keep thinking, what would happen if i connect my 3-phase load to two AC IN lines that go to the inverter BETWEEN the inverter and current sensor and the third cable to the third AC cable coming from the grid. As these are not AC OUT connections and multiplus should synchronize the wave for incoming phase if it feeds back to the grid i am curious to investigate this.

So what is your understanding:

Would the Multiplus feed the 2 lines to compensate the draw just enough so nothing is fed to the grid but enough to power the demanding load?
Can this scenario work ?
I understand that there would be no issues connecting my 3-phase loads before the current meter but can connecting them this way cause any issues with inverter?

p.s.
I understand that i can not take power from AC out and combine them with the third phase from the grid to power 3-phase load.
And i know that i can create a 3-phase system if i add the third multiplus and update them all with the same software.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers