question

technopet avatar image
technopet asked

BMV 712 show wrong bar amount

Hi,

i set up my Batterie to 200ah but the bar on the screen is at 100ah empty.

How can this be?

lg Stefan

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
best-lithium-battery avatar image
best-lithium-battery answered ·

I have experienced the same recently with a new BMV712. SOC is showing 95% but when change display to voltage the battery symbol showing faulty just one bar as it is just 25% (I have never seen this issue before..)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

This has been changed in the latest firmware. A good change! The battery indicator refers now to the configured discharge limit. So if that is set to 50% everything is correct! The "correct" value is shown at the percentage SOC screen.

4 comments
2 |3000

technopet avatar image technopet commented ·

Where i can configure the discharge limit, pls?

0 Likes 0 ·
best-lithium-battery avatar image best-lithium-battery commented ·

I believe discharge limit is the alarm setting (#33), so if you set 50% and only 100 of 200 Ah, then the battery symbol showing empty (no bars) but SOC 50%. In the case below, alarm is set at 20% because Lithium. Unit shipped from Victron in Feb 2019 and latest firmware. It seems more of a problem for the new firmware..?

0 Likes 0 ·
technopet avatar image technopet best-lithium-battery commented ·

Boekel Is right, its in the Relay menu. Its not the Alarm Setting. Its "Relais niedriger Ladezustand" and than "Einstellungswert".... sorry i dont know the names in english.

0 Likes 0 ·
best-lithium-battery avatar image best-lithium-battery technopet commented ·

Okay, explain why everyone is confused.

I've checked with photos on display pre upgrade and in old firmware it was NOT relay-SOC settings. This change must be new in latest firmware, which is bad. I prefer battery symbol is based on alarm-SOC or capacity as previously. Alarm is normally set at level to give signal of empty battery (and I presume everybody using this setting). The relay function could be used to trigger start of generator and normally this point is set at higher SOC than definition of empty battery.

For example, lead is at 50% SOC alarm and relay/auto start generator at 55-60% SOC (relay setting is not reflecting empty). The relay can also be used for other purpose and all installations we have done is relay installed for other purpose which means relay-SOC setting is not at all reflecting empty battery and battery symbol is completely false.

Unfortunately, Victron forces firmware upgrades without choice.

0 Likes 0 ·
technopet avatar image
technopet answered ·

Sorry i dont find discharge limit, where is it in the app?

2 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I think it's the 'SOC relay' setting. (please correct me if wrong, don't have the device at hand)

0 Likes 0 ·
technopet avatar image technopet boekel ♦ commented ·

Thx, this works for me!

0 Likes 0 ·