question

robint avatar image
robint asked

temperature compensation manual input

Hi guys

I am a recent and enthusiastic convert to the Victron philosophy ie its a sincere approach to the black art of Lab charging. I wish I had discovered this source sooner. I have got an IP65 24/8 charge block for my mobility scooter battery 24v 80 Ah. I am delighted with the Android app run on a tablet that allows customisation and very important data logging of history. My charger is indoors and the battery is in an outside shed so battery temp comp will be wildly wrong say 10C vs 25C. There is no way AFAIK to input a manual temp for the battery and no external temp probe for the charger.

I can only see a work around where you adjust the abs volts up at -.32mV/C. So for 10C I would go from 27.6 to 27.7 (-4mV/C x 15)

Is this reasonable? IMHO the app should include a feature to allow manual input of assumed battery temp (for normal low charging plan)

temperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
robint avatar image
robint answered ·

sorry typo - I meant 40mV/block x10 = 0.4V

So for 20C room to 10C outside would go from 27.6 to 28.0 (-40mV/C x 10) Absorption Voltage

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic