question

laurielmorris avatar image
laurielmorris asked

Victron BMV-712 Smart Voltage Display Does Not Match Voltage of the Batteries

Looking for help to fix a mismatch between our Victron BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor and the actual voltage of the batteries. We have four Relion RB100-LT batteries. Example:

1. Victron BMV-712 = 11.57v
  2. Voltage of the Batteries = 13.7v

What I have done so far:

1. Made sure that the Victron settings match the settings provided by Relion for the RB100-LT batteries.
  2. Have read the Victron manual and watched numerous YouTube videos. Tried to do a “Zero Current Calibration”. But, no luck.
  3. Also reset all Victron settings to factory default and then once again updated the settings to the RB100-LT recommendations.

No success so far. Please advise. Thanks!!

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
Look for high resistance in the red wire going from battery + to port 1 on the shunt. Could be duff connection, fuse, loose terminal
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laurielmorris avatar image laurielmorris commented ·
Thank you! I will try that.
0 Likes 0 ·
laurielmorris avatar image laurielmorris commented ·
My husband checked all the connections, including verifying that the fuse was not blown. No luck. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes 0 ·
laurielmorris avatar image
laurielmorris answered ·

I solved the problem. The PCB on the shunt is faulty. Lots of troubleshooting, but finally found the answer.

2 |3000