question

abarrow avatar image
abarrow asked

Skylla IP-65 Not Charging

I have a Skylla IP-65 single output that is one year old. A couple of weeks ago, it stopped charging.

I can connect the charger to my AGM battery banks and wake up the display by pressing Setup, but nothing happens on the display (it stays dark) when I turn AC power on and off.

I have checked both AC and DC fuses, as well as incoming AC power. The power is 127V (normal for my marina) and all fuses are good. I also disconnected the battery temperature sensors but nothing changed.

When connected to 12V, I opened the setup menu and reset to factory defaults, as well as cycled power on and off. I also set charging mode to Power Supply Mode. No change in output.

I removed the cover and tested for voltage on the circuit board. I was finding 80 VAC on a couple of points on the board. When i measure across 12V output and disconnect the batteries, the voltage slowly goes to zero, which I assume is output capacitors discharging. My conclusion is that perhaps the switching supply is faulty?

Can you suggest another step in troubleshooting?

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic