question

kloewit avatar image
kloewit asked

Mppt 75/15 LEDs flash every 3 sec

All of my LEDs ( not at the same time) flash every 3 seconds. In each mode including the blue at night when it’s not charging. Otherwise it seems to be functioning. This is not represented on the tool box app. It might have begun after an update a month ago but can’t be sure.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solgato avatar image solgato commented ·

Are they network connected to a BMV by chance?

If so, I believe they are supposed to flash while networked in every mode. When you connect to them with the App they flash more quickly.

This seems to have started for me after a recent update a month or so ago as you suspected.

At first I thought it was a fault code because it was only happening on one of my units, but then the App didn’t show any faults and I realized the other unit wasn’t networked. As soon as I added it to the network, it too started flashing every 3 secs or so like the other one but not at the same time.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi. They are typical of fault messages, but maybe the unit has somehow become confused and needs a reboot?

Try powering it down completely from both pv and batt sides, leave a good while to dissipate it's charge (even 30 min), then reconnect the batt cables first.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.