question

nimrod avatar image
nimrod asked

Help to understand ESS and home grid plug

I Will make an ESimg-20220626-103559.jpgS system with a Esaysolar II GX 24/3000/70.I have the grid in my house.

I could not find schematic about how to wire my home system with the multiplus. I read that the main grid have to connect to the AC-in. And to AC-out the critical load. But I don't understand because I have only one grid in my house? Should I plug the same wire AC-IN with AC-Out So when the grid fall down AC-OUT power my house?

ESSHelp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

First thing is to decide which form of ESS and what is the max power your house can draw.

You have a 3000 so max sustainable power is about 2500 - 2800 Watt from the unit.

If your house uses more than that you have to split your power demand into critical and non critical.

AC out will power critical. The rest on the grid will be shut off when power fails.

The easiest way is to go grid parallel.

Just isolating the critical circuits and power these via the unit. The unit "hangs" on the grid. The rest simply leave untouched.

Recommend find a suitable electrician and explain exactly what you want.

E.G. These I need powered (my critical) these I dont need.

Dont worry excess energy from PV will be fed into the "other" load first before remaining excess goes to grid or MPTT is regulated....

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

For grid parallel setup, an energy meter is needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

There are a few different ways the ESS system can be designed. Each has advantages and drawbacks.

The simplest way is to connect all the loads to AC Out 1.

Check the ESS manual.

2 |3000

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
2 |3000

nimrod avatar image
nimrod answered ·

Great answered i understand everything Thank you lifeingalicia.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual