question

jcaputo avatar image
jcaputo asked

Multiplus 3000 Voltage Reading Too High

Hello

Recently had a new Multiplus 3000 inverter installed and overall it's working great. However the voltage it's reading is consistently ~0.5 volts higher than actual. I checked this 3 different ways:

- manually tested batteries using a volt meter

- victron mppt controller

- blue sea dc meter on dc panel

All others show voltage at 0.5 volts lower than the inverter.

Is there some way to calibrate the inverter to correct this?

Thank you

battery system voltage
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
Hello @jcaputo , This may be an unusual comment but is the reading taken when the multiplus is in a no load condition? If the Multiplus is loaded the 0.5volt may be the voltage drop across the cables supplying the Multiplus. That voltage comparison needs to be made when the output of the Multiplius has no load.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Trevor Bird commented ·
More likely that the multiplus is charging while the readings were taken as it's got the higher voltage.
0 Likes 0 ·
jcaputo avatar image jcaputo kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the replies

It's happening under no load (inverter loads or standard dc loads), and while not charging.

The primary impact is charging - it's not bringing the batteries to correct float voltage because it's off by that half volt.

I know this must seem like user error given that I've never heard of a volt meter that measures incorrectly like this. I just can't explain it though

0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image dirk-s jcaputo commented ·
I have the same issue with a Multiplus II 5000 GX. It is reading the voltage 0,3 less than messured by Multimeter, Pylontech and other. I assume that the reading is not very exactly. Everything messured without any load.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sorry, but you're going to take this up with the seller.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lars Filusch avatar image
Lars Filusch answered ·

my readings are to low, so the real charging gets to high. Its getting more worse over time. After full powercycle readings are correct.

Adding the v-sens solve the problem for me.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic