question

jan1x avatar image
jan1x asked

Blue Smart IP65 12/10 - Power supply mode => no 10A ?

Hi,

I purchased a Blue Smart Charger IP65 12V/10A due to the fact, that it can be used as 10A power supply as well. But when I set it via bluetooth to "power supply Mode 10A" an connect my mobile cooling box the voltage drops and the charger supplies not the desired current.

I verified with another programmable power supply with OCP set to 5A that the cooling box does not reach that current. I measured that even the peak current during start is less than 4.5A

So, is the charger defect or is that a software issue within the firmware?? The app says "no new firmware update available".

appreciate any help.

charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@jan1x

Does the cooler box need more power than that? It may be just supplying what is needed?

A couple of checks though. Some screenshots or checking what it is the voltage drop? It should maintain the 12.8v.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jan1x avatar image
jan1x answered ·

@Alexandra

I did some measurements that show the supply voltage (graph 2 => 1div=5V) and the current (graph1 => 1div=1A).

With another power supply (not the Victron) You can see the maximum peak current is below 7A.

without-victron.jpg

The following diagram is the measurement using the Victron set to an output voltage of 12.8V. As the Current reaches ~4Amps the voltage drops far below 10V and the compressor controller turns off.

victron-128v.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic