question

etarkleson avatar image
etarkleson asked

Can I connect a AC current sensor directly to a venus gx?

Hello,

I would like to use a standalone venus to monitor current and temperature for an off-grid DC control system. Can I use the AC current sensor CSE000100000 and connect directly to venus? If not what is my best option. Ideally I would monitor 2 AC current lines and also have 1 or 2 temperature measurements.

After looking through the manuals it seems like this should be supported but I would like a confirmation before ordering.

Thanks!

Eric

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bluepowershop avatar image
bluepowershop answered ·

Hello Eric,

No, the CSE000100000 is not intended to couple with a Venus device.
This current sensor is for example used for connecting to a Multi or Quattro to measure the yield of an AC grid inverter connected to the output of the multi.
A suitable current sensor is the Energy Meter ET112 (single phase) or the ET340 (3 phase) which can be connected directly to a Venus device by using the RS485 to USB cable (1,8m or 5mtr) supplied by Victron also.

Regards

Mark

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

etarkleson avatar image etarkleson commented ·

Thanks Mark, I figured those may be a better option, but thought since the multis can use the temp input for a current sense that maybe the venus would as well.
Cheers, Eric

0 Likes 0 ·
Keith Arnold avatar image
Keith Arnold answered ·

Nearly related. Can I connect an AC sensor to the Multiplus to measure AC out 2 or 1 so that the loads can be split non essential and essential. I have a fronius inverter on ac out 1

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic