harold avatar image
harold asked

VRM control buttons are back

VRM control buttons are back

And with a safety construction now ;-)

Thanks VictronTeam

VRMdashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered ·

Not an answer but a question: Is it still the case that having a DMC on VE.Bus disables control from VRM or Remote Console? That's what I'm seeing with my system.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, @dunnp : if you have a Digital Multi Control (DMC), which has a hard toggle switch, you cannot change it between Off, On and Charger-only in any other way than physically toggling that switch on your DMC.

We will not change or fix that in a software update. The only solution, if you want remote control, is to remove the DMC from the system. Warning: in case you also have a VE.Bus BMS, then removing the DMC won't help, see GX manual for exact limitations when having a VE.Bus BMS. We are coming with a newer VE.Bus BMS which fixes that limitation. But there is no release date for that yet; and its a new product: there is no software fix coming for the on/off/charger-only limitation related to todays VE.Bus BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
dunnp avatar image dunnp mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks Matthijs for confirming my suspicion - and previous experience.

Given the choice between having a 'wife friendly' DMC ("just flick the switch to Inverter, dear") and having to explain how to navigate around VRM or Remote Console, I'll stick with the DMC! Simple things are often the best and I love the simplicity of the DMC.

It's not a deal breaker for me; just my nerdy self thinking it would be cool to switch the Multi on or off without having to go into the caravan while it's stored at home. Probably more to turn it off because I forgot to do it before locking the caravan up!

The new controls are still a nice addition, and well thought out precautions to guard against accidental shutdowns. Well done.

Cheers

Phil

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources