question

squowse avatar image
squowse asked

Multiplus II 48 /3000 noise

Just switched this unit on. Under no load it has a loud hum. Louder than a typical fridge for example.

There is no grid or "AC in" connected.

I have been using a Phoenix Smart 12/2000 which is pretty much silent apart from when the fan comes on at loads 500W plus. This is not a problem.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is this a question or statement? ;)

Search for the topic here, plenty of comments.

Yip it is noisy, the big toroid transformer hums, the fan is much, much, muuuuuuuch worse.

Don’t put it anywhere near where you want peace and quiet.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

squowse avatar image squowse commented ·
I supposedly I'm asking if it's normal.

I did see other posts on the subject, mostly concerned with that fan - which doesn't bother me.

What's the alternative? My phoenix smart 12/2000 is silent. I wonder if a Phoenix Smart 48/3000 would be? Or maybe the older model multiplus 48/3000?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ squowse commented ·
The noise on the multis is unfortunately normal, not the greatest fan control design.

It you don’t mind voiding the warranty, some members have successfully modified it to be much quieter, there is a topic dedicated to this.

Maybe someone can else can provide some insight into the other models for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
squowse avatar image
squowse answered ·

Just to update this thread - I sent back the multiplus II 48/3000 and got a phoenix smart inverter 48/3000. It is pretty much silent on idle. Eco mode causes a periodoc buzz annoyingly - but that is still much quieter than the Multiplus II.

2 |3000

roks avatar image
roks answered ·

Wish i had seen this post before I bought 2 multiplus2's

2 |3000