question

kevin-uk avatar image
kevin-uk asked

I have a Mulitplus 2 GX and Pylontech batteries and a existing AC Aurora PVI-3.0

I can't see the PV supply on the VRM portal but reading through the answers here it looks like I either directly connect the Aurora to the Multi or add a AC current sensor or a ET112 meter

Could someone please confirm and has anyone directly connected a Aurora before

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

ABB Selectronic solution.

You dont say how old your Aurora/Power One/ ABB/??? inverter is.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Kevin - UK

I did not read anywhere that the Aurora PV inverter can talk directly to GX device. If that is true the only way to tell GX device of Aurora production is to install compatible power meter at the Aurora output and connect that meter to GX device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevin-uk avatar image
kevin-uk answered ·

The Aurora is a ABB type so thought I could connect via a RS485 cable to the Multiplus 2 bus

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Kevin - UK

If it is compatible than you connect it to GX device not MP-II bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-uk avatar image
kevin-uk answered ·

don't we connect to the BMS-Can

1 comment
2 |3000

@Kevin - UK

I assume that the ABB inverter's RS485 output goes to GX device, same as it does with Fronius. I never used ABB inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-uk avatar image
kevin-uk answered ·

when you say GX device you mean BMS-Can port

I'm assuming the other option is install a AC Current Sensor

3 comments
2 |3000

@Kevin - UK

Fronius is connected o GX device through LAN.

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ marekp commented ·
Exactly. Integration for these types is over IP (modbus).
1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I don't believe you can use the CAN port in this manner for this device.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-uk avatar image
kevin-uk answered ·

looks like I need to order a AC current sensor or a ET112 meter

I have also noticed that the even though the PV is producing enough power to supply the house and charge the batteries that still the Multiplus still draws some Watts from the grid.

The consumption is 3.3kWh and its drawing 0.8kWh off the grid

Can the mulitplus be configured to use the PV only of set up so it draws the min

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

It would help if you studied some of the docs on ESS etc as it will help with some context for how the system operates.

ESS has a set point - configurable in the GX - the system will try hover around this point, with grid use ebbing and flowing, based on loads.

It should be a really low number and ultimately be meaningless on the bill depending how you're metered.

An incorrectly setup environment (especially with PV inverters) may result in this being higher than it should.

It all comes down to your setup.

With a setpoint of 10W you can see around 0.3kWh from grid and 0.1kWh to grid. The system default is a lot higher so could explain your readings.

Check settings -> ESS -> grid setpoint.

1 Like 1 ·
kevin-uk avatar image kevin-uk nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
hi Nickdb

thanks and yes I should certainly read more on the ESS

I've set to 10W and an immediate reduction

I'm assuming if I set to 0W or minus, it will mean I maybe exporting to the grid

would you go meter or CS

0 Likes 0 ·