question

jofo avatar image
jofo asked

Voltage difference between app and house batt.12/12/30A smart charger

Battery 120A AMG SLA. 112/12/30A smart charger. Select AMG for batt. On app it state 14.7v but actual charging voltage is 15.26V !! Tried different user def. setting but batt volt on app is not the same as actual volt.

overvoltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What is the battery voltage with the charger disconnected? And what battery type is selected in the charger?
0 Likes 0 ·
jofo avatar image jofo kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The battery voltage when disconnected is 14.04 volt. I preselected. AGM. Even when I select different battery type to get charge voltage down it will still read higher on house batt.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jofo

Just a few thoughts here.

The internal resistance is high in the battery so it is most likely not taking a charge anymore. Voltage rise like what you are seeing (then dropping drastically when charge source is removed) usually indicates a dead battery.

T he second is that usually AGM ate charged at C10 so for a 120AH battery that is at max 12A. So the charger you have is too big for the battery.

I am thinking that the mats are dry.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jofo avatar image jofo commented ·
  • First of all, the battery is not dead or dry. And by looking at various utube clips this is the most used dcdc charger. So I am none the wiser. Sorry.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic