question

Doruk Kocuk avatar image
Doruk Kocuk asked

#66 - Incompatible device encountered for parallel operation (e.g. old firmware/different settings) cleared on Solar Charger

Hi,

We are receiving this error every morning. Then clears itself automatically. Below is the general information about the setup. Has anyone encountered this before? What might be the solution?

Many thanks.

3 x 200 Ah lithium smart batteries

VE.Bus bms

Cerbo

Smart solar 100/30

Smart solar 100/20 48 V

Between the solar panels and the batteries we are using a Cyrix Li-Charge which is driven by the VE Bus BMS. The error pops up every morning when the sun comes up and is recovered within seconds automatically. Firmwares are up to date, settings are same, mppt's are in networked operation via Bluetooth and they are also connected to the Cerbo via VE.Direct cables.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Doruk Kocuk

Possibly caused by the wire/bluetooth mix. This normally wouldn't be recommended. Try disabling the BT network. It may not be working anyway if the wire kicks it off.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Doruk Kocuk avatar image Doruk Kocuk commented ·
Hi @JohnC

Thanks for your answer. The system had been working in this setup for almost 2 years. This error came out of nowhere. However, the MPPT's have data connections to the Cerbo, Cerbo does not make them synchronized. It just gets data from them and shows it on the screen. I do not want to loose the ability to keep them always synchronised. It is strange that the error pops up each morning at sunrise and then clears itself shortly. Can that be related to a new firmware release?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Doruk Kocuk commented ·
@Doruk Kocuk
Maybe a firmware thing, even the addition of the message you're seeing when it should have been showing before. But I'm guessing.

Nor do I understand the advantage you see in synchronizing the mppts, Even if it is working (and it may not be). This is usually for aligning the mppt charge states, and your BMS should be handling that anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·
Doruk Kocuk avatar image Doruk Kocuk JohnC ♦ commented ·
Hi @JohnC

VE.Bus BMS has no control over the MPPT's unlike Lynx BMS. Thus we need a protection device (in our case Cyrix li-charge) between the MPPT's and the batteries. also we want to have them working syncronised especially when balancing takes place at absorption stage.

On the other hand I do also have other installations where this error is not present. The only difference here is the Cyrix Li-Charge. Cyrix opens the circuit between the mppt's and batteries every night. then closes when sun is up and panels provide charge current.

really strange case. I hope we find a solution for that. It's kind of annoying to receive error messages everyday. I suspect that after a while we will get used to error messages and start ignoring them, but if a real error happens we might miss it

0 Likes 0 ·
Doruk Kocuk avatar image Doruk Kocuk Doruk Kocuk commented ·
the error was not there previously, probably started after a firmware update. maybe someone from Victron who is into firmwares might have something to say on this.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Doruk Kocuk commented ·
@Doruk Kocuk

Syncing the mppts over bluetooth while using VE.Direct has never been possible. If you had CAN cabled mppts then it should be.

The Cyrix starting every day might explain why the error keeps recurring.

0 Likes 0 ·