question

skabalavayi avatar image
skabalavayi asked

Bluesolar MPPT 150/60 rev2 (0XA070) data

Hello,

We have Bluesolar MPPT 150/60 in our system. When I read this device, I get abnormal messages after Checksum. I am attaching my data information below. It would be great if you could help us understand these messages or how to deal with them. Thanks in advance. bluesolar-150-60-02.png

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

These messages are so called VE.Direct HEX messages. They are described in our VE.Direct documentation that can be found here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/technical-information

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skabalavayi avatar image skabalavayi commented ·

smartsolar-mppt-75-15.pngThank you for your reply.

In our system, we have one SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and BlueSolar MPPT 150/60 rev2. smart solar is giving data as per the protocol but not BlueSolar. In Bluesolar I am getting abnormal messages after checksum which are not explained in the document. Here I am attaching images of both MPPTs.bluesolar-150-60-02.png I need help to deal with those messages from Bluesolar. Your ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ skabalavayi commented ·

Hi,

Have you also read the VE.Direct HEX documents? The structure of these messages is described there. More information (and a reference implementation) can also be found here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vedirect_protocol:faq

In short, it starts with a ":" and ends with an new line (\n). As these characters can also occur in the checksum of a regular text frame, the reader should be aware whether it is expecting the checksum byte of the text frame or not. If so, it should not treat the ":" as the start of a hex message. Otherwise it is always the start of a hex message and it should ignore any data until it receives a \n (that is when you want to ignore the data in these hex messages).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·