question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

MultiPlus 48/800/9 temp input can be used for Input signal ?

Can I use the temp Sense input of MultiPlus 48/800/9 as Signal input e.g. for AC current sensor or an ON/OFF status of a limit switch?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes you can use it for the AC sensor and also for the limit switch in assistants setups

well you can for the larger units, I have not checked on a 48/800 unit but I would presume it has the same options

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·

Off course It work on larger units I have played around with different setups on my 5 KVA Quattro

However, on this particular unit it gave only temp error when shorted using a contact from Venus ( was trying to setup AC ignore)

This makes me believe that the unit is crippled in it's capabilities compared to larger multies - even the LED are only three

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Myatt avatar image
Craig Myatt answered ·

Hi Anil, I have played around with this to do 2 things: ignore AC and disabled charger, both of which are possible via Assistants. I have got the "charge current control" assistant to work, by using the temp sense inputs, however it was not as expected.

The +T input gives 5V and the -T input is 0V, so I assumed that if I put a certain voltage into -T (you can specify what voltage in the assistant), that would work. That did not work. But when I shorted +T on MP1200 to G (IE 0V of +5V output) on VenusGX, it then triggered the "control charge current", and the MP1200 went into pass-through mode, which was the response I wanted.

I am going to ask how those pins work, because I actually wanted to set 2 levels: 1.5V would disabled charger, and 5V would ignore AC input, IE - 2 assistants, both working from the same T sense input, but at different voltages. Let's see if there is a response....

(Would also be good to know if we can plug an AC sensor into those and get it to work, the AC sensor manual is a bit ambiguous on if the MP1200 can take that...)

2 |3000