question

robert-kogler avatar image
robert-kogler asked

Multiplus II with LG compatability for grid connect?

Existing grid connect system based on Victron Easy Solar 48-3000-LG REsu10 system was modified to Multiplus II 48-3000. After the recent Firmware upgrade to have more information for Error 11 message (as recommended for sysems displaying error 11), the system started to provide low voltage alarm L1 messages. On VRM it appears that battery voltage oscillates between 48V and 60V (in very short intervalls) even so the actual voltage on terminal is stable at approx. 55V. System is not charging or discharging anymore and switches off. We understand now that Multiplus II appears now to be not approved with LG RESU 10. Does anyone have a suggestions without switching back to the standard Multiplus or changing the LG batteries to e.g. BYD or other non managed high cycling battery like Shoto LLC Any suggestion is welcome

Robert

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Looking at those erratic voltages, the first thing I would do is check to see if Shared Voltage Sense was enabled under DVCC in System Setup on the CCGX and if it is, DISable it.

Also double check all the comms connections between the LG and the CCGX. It is dropping out for some reason. but is it cause or effect?

The 48V - 60V swings are detected on both the Multi & the MPPT, are they connected to the same bus? is there a chance there is a bad connection leading to, or on that bus, or a bad but not fully blown fuse.

As you say, this is an unsupported configuration. I have never personally used a Multiplus-II on an LG chem battery, so this might just be the way it behaves. I really doubt it, but I can't rule it out either.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robert-kogler avatar image
robert-kogler answered ·

Thank you, we will be back onsite in a weak and keep you posted

2 |3000