question

ben-corcoran avatar image
ben-corcoran asked

VE Can to VE Bus interface

Hi All, i've just attended the webinar so have found this community which i didn't know about. i have an issue with my PV system display and comms. 3kw solar array with two victron smart mppt can controllers connected with VECan to a CCGx panel. Also a phoenix 48V 5 KW invertor with only has VEBus comms link, I’ve now added a VE Can to VE Bus interface to allow the phoenix data to be remotely displayed on the CCGX, I only have one Cat5 running about 100m to the house. All the above are connected in series with terminators on each end. The problem is that I have no data from the invertor for any of the devices on the VECan. If I plug both VECan and VEBus into the CCGX all is working so I definitely have an issue with the interface. I haven't as yet updated any firmware as i need to do this on the pheonix using the BT interface i think. All the kit except the PV is victron, even the 8 x 210Ah AGM are victron.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Just a guess but according to this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:ve.bus_to_ve.can_interface_manual

the VE.Can to VE.Bus interface is for one specific purpose only, not as a way to run a Multi on the VE.Can. bus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic