question

nilocr avatar image
nilocr asked

Quattro load optimisation - No alarms

Hi

I am a newbie and want further answers.I have a 48/10000va victron inverter unit. My understanding is that I can set up a base load up to 8000w on AC1out and other things heavier things like geysers and underfloor heating on AC2out and that will avoid a warning or overload alarm.

I have 2 questions. 1) If I had a max base load of 8000w on AC1out How will a peak startup load of a 1100w pool pump on AC1 out be handled, from an alarm point of view. 2) If I am running the inverter at say 15000w (8000w on AC1out) with the grid supplying the exess 7000w. If I have the 7000w load on the AC2out and the grid fails. Would that avoid the trigger of any alarms and the inverter seamlessly step down to the 8000w load on the inverter.

I would really appreciate a detailed reply. Thx Colin

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nilocr@mweb.co.za

When connected to grid you will receive warning alarms the entire time you approach and exceed 8000W. Obviously if you are inverting it will switch to alarm. (Red)

Dont exceed your transfer capability.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nilocr avatar image nilocr commented ·
Thanks Alexandra. What about the 2nd question.
0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·
@Alexandra

I dont think this is true. I have an 8kVA Quattro and while on mains, I never get any alarms when running above 6.4kW (I often have it running at 10-15kW with no issue). Because of my setup, I use only AC out 1, and drop off nonessential loads using contactors and ACout 2. So all of that is through ACout 1.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ewalderasmus commented ·

To be clear this is a 10kva quattro, running a pool pump and a cottage

screenshot-20220606-145003.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Grid connected, the warning is there. But it will only change to alarm if the grid disconnects and the load is sustained.

screenshot-20220606-144944.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
nilocr avatar image nilocr ewalderasmus commented ·
Hi Dewald

Having now tested it I agree with you. While on grid when the load passes through the 8kw level which it does 3 or 4 times a day I get no alarms. Although I hotice as the software brings in the grid to take the extra load the red light on the inverter comes on momentarily. Regards Colin

0 Likes 0 ·
nilocr avatar image nilocr nilocr commented ·
Sorry Ewald.
0 Likes 0 ·
nilocr avatar image
nilocr answered ·

The essential bit of my question is, if I am running the system on battery and grid significantly above the 8kw and there is loadshedding will any alarms trigger if after the load on the AC2 out line is cut the resultant load on the battery is less than the overload limit of 8kw.

2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

@Alexandra

I cant explain your warnings, as I said my setup does not do the same.

I have a 8kVA unit, and today you can see I was running at 12kW for periods...

1654522339246.png

@nilocr@mweb.co.za

It seems that you might get warnings. I don't, but it could depend on other setup-related items.

1654522339246.png (64.9 KiB)
2 |3000

nilocr avatar image
nilocr answered ·

Thanks Alexandra and Dewald

My question is hypothetical and about what happens when loadshedding occurs.

2 |3000