question

solarnovice avatar image
solarnovice asked

MultiPlus-II GX not parallel with grid

As username suggest this is all new to me, but I am normally good with software and electrics.

(New developing) System:
MultiPlus-II 48 with built-in GX.
(2x ) MPPT SmartSolar chargers connected to PVs
48V AGM batteries (90Ah) connected to both above

All worked "off-grid" using AC-Out 1 to supply AC Loads. Now with the (Victron) Current Sensor ojn incoming +ve grid lead wishing to enhance to a "Grid Parallel" system, but NOT using feed-in - intent is to minimise grid-use but when needed it is there. Not using the MultiPlus-II / Grid to charge batteries - that is only done by the MPPTs / PVs.

Have downloaded and using VE.Configure to configure and upload .rvsc files to the MultiPlus-II, and remote console as well.

AC now connected to "AC-In" which I understand can be used as bi-directional i.e. sees the Grid AC to match frequency etc but when able it will supply AC to minimise grid use.

current transformer multiplus II - Victron Community (victronenergy.com) asks a similar question, and I have followed as far as possible, albeit some options different (new firmware?)

On the 'Remote Console' I can "see" the incoming AC (V/Freq) detected [AC-In L1], but it still seems to be trying to supply AC loads via AC-Out 1 [L1] (including powering the MultiPlus itself). However, the VRM dashboard shows the AC input box blank.

Question is what are the basic settings / setup I have likely overlooked / not understood? Any answers much appreciated - I can add screenshots or files as required.

Thank you
SolarNovice

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
solarnovice avatar image
solarnovice answered ·

Issue solved: In the Remote Console I had the MultiPlus-II Swtich set to "Inverter Only", since I did not want to use the MultiPlus-II charging system; just the MPPTs. Changing to Switch to "On" (= Inverter and Charger) has solved the issue. The charger is disabled in the ESS Assistant, so I think my intent will still be achieved?

I'll leave the post up, unless suggested otherwise, since others have asked (very) similar questions...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.