question

solarlion avatar image
solarlion asked

What does „PowerPackPreOverload“ mean? Why the Multiplus II went offline?

Today we had the lights flickering and all 3 Multiplus II (3-Phase System) went offline. After 1 minute all connect again like nothing happended.

In the GX I see no error. Only entrys are in the MQTT Logging with “vebus/AC/ActiveIn/Connected” going to 0 on this time, and the flag “vebus/Devices/0/ExtendStatus/PowerPackPreOverload” go to 1.

I cannot find a description what this Flag PowerPackPreOverload mean.
Is the reason for the light flickering and going offline a grid failure?
Or is the reason for the lights flickering, because the Multiplus II went offline, and this because of this PowerPackPreOverload?

Any tip how to debug the reason, why the Multiplus II has gone offlien?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
solarlion avatar image
solarlion answered ·

One more info and Question: The Flag "vebus/Devices/0/ExtendStatus/SwitchoverInfo/ErrorFlags" go to 8 in this moment.

I can also not find any documentation what the meaning of 8 is. Any links where to find such documentation?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarlion avatar image
solarlion answered ·

For all finding this Thread in the future, I THINK (but no proof) that this value is a Bitmap.

Bit 3 seems to be Voltage, Bit 4 seems to be Frequency.
4 -> FrequencyLow
8 -> VoltageLow
12 -> FreqLow + Voltage Low

2 |3000

ivanjh avatar image
ivanjh answered ·

@Solarlion Greetings from the future.

I had a similar issue - trying to figure out Switchover issues. I had somewhat high input AC voltage at the time.

Devices/0/ExtendStatus/SwitchoverInfo/ErrorFlags = 16

I had a quick skim over the binary files to see if anything human readable popped out.

I found the following (order preserved):

VE Connect:

Rate of change of frecuency <sic>
High AC frequency
Low AC frequency
Low AC voltage
High AC voltage
High average AC voltage
Phase lock lost!

VE Configure:

RoCoF too high
over frequency
under frequency
under voltage
over voltage U>>
over voltage U>
phase angle deviation

I'd say there's a good chance (but no proof) they are bits 1-7

1 comment
2 |3000

solarlion avatar image solarlion commented ·
tnx for sharing. To bad to have no documentation for this.
0 Likes 0 ·