question

tomswango avatar image
tomswango asked

Victron MultiPlus 3000 12volt - low voltage alert

I have a MultiPlus 3000 12 volt system. It was working fine but now neither the charger or inverter will work. When I turn the system off and then on again the low voltage light flashes for a little bit and then all of the lights on the right side go out. I have checked the voltage at the battery terminals and on the inverter where the battery cables attach and they read 13.8 volts (lifepo4).

Any thoughts or suggestion of what I need to check to get my charger and inverter and battery charger working again and to clear the low voltage alert.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

What batteries do you have? I have seen the internal BMS on drop-in LFP batteries shut down due to an under or over voltage condition. They still showed voltage at the terminals. However, the BMS will not deliver current until you hook a charger or other 12V source to reset the BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomswango avatar image
tomswango answered ·

I have LiFePO4 batteries. I do not believe it is the batteries since I am able to attach a small portable inverter to the battery cables going to my Victron and run a small portable inverter that I have until I can solve the problem with my Victron

2 |3000