question

dream-on avatar image
dream-on asked

BMV 712 Smart Low Voltage showing 0.02v

4fe1a788-502a-4709-8a59-2a3053105296.jpeg I have just installed a BMV Smart to monitor 12v 525ah house bank and auxiliary starter batteries. Both banks are showing Min Battery Voltage in the history page of 0.02v. What did I do wrong?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Dream On

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've just cleared the history as mentioned above. Minimum battery voltage went from 0.02V to the correct 27.12V.

If you do it, much quicker to go backwards from the first option than forwards 62 times.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dream-on avatar image dream-on commented ·
Thanks for that, I’ve just reset the history and it is now working fine! Thanks again for your help!
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I think it's simply the lowest reading from before the batteries were connected. Values look good now. So don't worry, expect to see normal readings from now on.

3 comments
2 |3000

dream-on avatar image dream-on commented ·
Thanks kevgermany, but it’s 8 days later and the lowest voltage reading is still showing 0.02V on both battery banks. Can’t be right?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ dream-on commented ·
Let me check mine tomorrow.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dream-on commented ·

It shows you the lowest voltage ever measured so it will not change on it's own.

You need to reset the history, look in the manual for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Thinking more about it, it's to be expected if there's been any disconnection of the battery, this will occur and be retained permanently. I just checked the manual. It's possible to clear history data, look in section 4.2, option 63.

2 |3000