question

rainerb avatar image
rainerb asked

Multiplus in Storage mode - why?

Hello,

as I've seen today in VRM, my ESS System (with Multiplus 24/3000, Venus GX, BMV712 and 1200AH Lead acid batteries) switched to Storaged mode at the evening and during the night.

I thought this mode kicks in, if there is no discharge for 24 hours? I had discharges yesterday and about 4 percent SoC this night.

How much percent SoC discharge interprets the Multi as "not discharging" and switches to storage mode?

I know that I can disable the storage mode in VEConfigure but I would like to learn more about the background.

Thank you

Rainer

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1554278051403.png (20.0 KiB)
1554278120424.png (36.9 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainerb avatar image rainerb commented ·

As the "storage mode" turned out to be very stubborn, I deactivated it with VEConfig. I do not really need it in my ESS system, so problem "solved".

Best regard

Rainer

1 Like 1 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

can you also post battery voltage / current graphs?

0 Likes 0 ·
rainerb avatar image rainerb boekel ♦ commented ·

Hello Boekel,

here ist the Battery voltage and Current chart

0 Likes 0 ·
1554294284748.png (50.3 KiB)
4 Answers
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Storage mode does not really make much sense on a battery that is cycled daily, as would be the case when using ESS. As a result Storage mode should be disabled when using ESS.

I ran into this bug myself years ago when still running Hub4, reported it, and as a result VEConfigure will disable storage mode when you configure the ESS assistant. In other words, we fixed this years ago.

It does not however prevent you from re-enabling it yourself after configuring the assistant, in other words, it is possible for this setting to be re-enabled somehow (by accident or via some kind of oversight).

In other words, the answer is simply to disable storage mode because that's how it was supposed to be in the first place.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainerb avatar image rainerb commented ·

Hi Izak,

thank you for clarification.

Probably I activated the storage mode myself after setting up the ESS assistant because during the winter season my system is mostly in the Venus GX "Keep battery charged" mode. I assume I connected these two functions in my mind.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Problem solved,

Just replying to move the question out of the unanswered area as you have solved the issue

2 |3000

denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

Im running ESS and can confirm the "Storage Mode" is disabled but I still go into storage mode.

1582438713319.png (57.6 KiB)
2 |3000

ak68 avatar image
ak68 answered ·

Take care, If you´ve done a firmware-upgrade of Multiplus,

some settings will be changed, especially Absorption- and Flow-Voltage (to senseless 12.0V)

THIS can course "storage" or unsuffizient loads at "flow/absorption"-mode

You have to controll and adapt this through VE-BUS-system Configurator

2 |3000