question

lucy avatar image
lucy asked

BMV 712 Smart doesn’t reconnect to shore power when batteries drain.

I know a setting is wrong somewhere, but I can't reach my installer and I dont have enough knowledge to fix this myself. When I first plug into 30amp shore power, the batteries charge as expected. Once full, the BMS doesn't reset to reflect a 100% SOC. I reset it manually.

Plus, when the batteries drain, the BMS doesn't reconnect to charge them again.

To force my 712 Smart to start charging the batteries off shore power again, I have to disconnect from shore power and plug back in (daily), then manually set SOC to 100% when the four LifePo batteries are full. I haven't waited to see if it will kick back in automatically when the batteries are 100% drained because of concern for the fridge, heater, etc. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
BMV 712 is a monitor, not a charger.

What other equipment is installed, what batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
lucy avatar image
lucy answered ·

Well I sure explained that wrong! I meant that the BMS 712 isn't reflecting the fact that the batteries are charged and I have to manually sync it to 100% SOC. But you've helped me realize something else is wrong and is beyond my skill set. Since the system also isnt reconnecting to recharge, I hoped I could just change a Victron setting. I'll need to find pro help, but since you asked, I have an Outback charge controller, 430ah Lion brand lithium batteries and 400 watts solar. All the other bits were hidden by the builder. Thanks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Hold on, if you post the 712 settings, we can help.

Download the Victron connect app. Use it to connect to the 712. Use the cog icon to get to the settings.

2 |3000