question

dobra-andrei avatar image
dobra-andrei asked

What are the corect setting for MPPT 100/20 for a 24V series battery VRLA 12V/150Ah

Hello ,

I am new member in the community and also fresh user of Victron systems. I really need some support in some cases to improve my knowhow and proper use off the system.

I have a setup with MPPT 100/20 useing 2 PV , 2x300W in series connected to 2 VRLA batteries 12v/150Ah in series .

I am useing Victron Inverter 24/ 800 VA for AC . See below status in a sunny day .

mppt1-1.png mppt1-2.png

I want to know what are the proper settings for the battery configuration in this case ?

Do I have the possibility to connect 2 more PV to increase power and cover the solar angle , due to that the position of the roof which is not directed towards S on the correct angle?

Thank you for your time and support any help and info is good !

Have a nice day !

MPPT Controllers
mppt1-1.png (385.6 KiB)
mppt1-2.png (607.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You should always follow your battery manufacturers recommendations.

Gotta link to your battery??

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dobra-andrei avatar image dobra-andrei commented ·

Hy ,

Thank you for fast reply .

Here is the specifications for battery :https://www.poweracu.com/vrla-battery/vrla-battery-ultracell-12-v-150-ah-ucg150-12.html

Thx!

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Do I have the possibility to connect 2 more PV to increase power and cover the solar angle , due to that the position of the roof which is not directed towards S on the correct angle?

Technically yes, but more than an additional 200-300W would be wasted. So it's like you pay for two more panels, but you only use one. Unfortunately, as you probably know, in your case you can't use just 3 of those panels (in series).

2 |3000