question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Lost Current

Just noticed that a disproportionate percentage of the Input from my MPPT is getting lost . I know my system uses around 20 Watts when theres no load or on top of a known load but today when i turned on a Toaster , a load far smaller than the Yield i was expecting to still see a charge into the batteries however the batteries were discharging .

I had 829 watts coming in and the load was only 771 watts so even with the normal 20 watt loss from equipment i should still have seen current going into the batteries but the opposite was happening , the batteries were having to provide an additional 61 watts to satisfy a load smaller than the yield . Taking into account the 20 watts loss there is around 100 watts discrepancy , power produced but not being used anywhere .

opera-snapshot-2022-05-29-113647-vrmvictronenergyc.png

opera-snapshot-2022-05-29-113822-vrmvictronenergyc.png

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Lost energy, not lost current.

Besides the energy consumed by all your equipment, there is also some energy lost as heat when converting from DC to AC (by the inverter) and in the wires.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.