question

chrisf1 avatar image
chrisf1 asked

Skylla IP44 not charging

Hello-

I installed a Skylla IP44 12/60A charger (three outputs) on my old boat. The new owner called me to say the charger was not working as the charger was not putting out any charge.

Cycling the power to the charger did not change the situation.

I installed the charger and a carbon GX two years ago, updated the firmware to v. 1.10, and never had to look at it again.

I asked him to observe the LCD display as the charger was power cycled. All segments on the display are shown and then the display goes blank. No errors are shown. Pressing the select button when the display is blank shows “1.10”. Pressing the button cycles through what looks like he battery voltage and charger output for each bank,e.g, “[battery icon] 1 12.7”. The last item displayed is “IC 7.1” or similar. The display will go blank after about 20 seconds.

The only other icon shown on the display when cycling through the display is the “BMS Operation” icon. I do not have a BMS configured or installed in the system.

Pressing the select button for three or more seconds doesn’t help.

Any thoughts? As far as I recall and based on the electrical diagram, there are no fuses between the charger outp and the battery banks.

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Allen Roberts avatar image
Allen Roberts answered ·

Did you ever figure this out? I would check the setting for backlight time. It could be the display is just turning off and the unit is actually working.. IC 7.1 means the input current is 7.1 amps which depending on your input voltage is probably reasonable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisf1 avatar image
chrisf1 answered ·

Hi Allen-

Sorry for the slow reply. The new owner of the boat worked with the vendor's tech support department and determined the unit was faulty. It was replaced under warranty.

Chris

2 |3000

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic