question

peeky1323 avatar image
peeky1323 asked

Advice for Solar, MPPT, SmartShunt and split charge

HI All. I have a sailboat with 2x lead acid batteries. One for engine starter and one for house (or cabin in this case). There is a split charge relay currently installed. Currently, the engine alternator is the only charge source. I am planning to put in a 50 watt solar panel, SmartSolar 75/10, and SmartShunt on the leisure battery. How does the split charge relay affect things? I am planning to connect the SmartSolar to the leisure battery but I am assuming the solar will activate the relay. Not a huge issue as having all batteries charged is great. However, the batteries are different power (110ah and 30ah) and I am also planning to replace the lead leisure with a Lithium. Is the split charge going to cause issues? I know it's a small solar panel but it is purely to make sure things stay charged when not on the boat as opposed to actually run things. Thanks in advance for any advice.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers