question

yboston avatar image
yboston asked

MultiPlus 3000VA 12-Volt low voltage issue

I just installed a new MultiPlus 3000VA 12-Volt recently, which is used with LiFePO4 batteries. I used lynx distributor as well. Yesterday the battery low light is on and I measure the system voltage is ~11v without any load. After I removed MultiPlus from lynx distributor, the system voltage is back to ~13v.

It will drop to ~11v if I connect MultiPlus again and even MultiPlus is in off state. Does it mean the MultiPlus is defective?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Voltage drop indicates a bad connection on the DC side. Check all connections and fuses between the battery and the MultiPlus.

If you can measure the Voltage sag right at the battery terminals, then maybe the internal BMS is active for some reason, assuming the battery has an internal BMS of course.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yboston avatar image
yboston answered ·

The battery has internal BMS. After I disconnect the MultiPlus from the system, it will be back to normal. I tested the fuse and it is ok. Therefore, I don't think the issue is on the DC side and suspect MultiPlus self is defective.

Regarding "Voltage sag right at the battery terminals", if I turn off main switch, there is no voltage sag at terminals. If I turn on the main switch with MultiPlus connected, the sag happens.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic