question

Christopher Ryan avatar image
Christopher Ryan asked

Multiplus 48/3000/230v configured as 120v output?

I'm looking for a 48vdc inverter and would really like to use a Victron product. From what I can tell, the only 48v inverter they have that outputs 120 rather then 230 is the Quattro. The Quattro is $700 more then aMultiplus and has more features then I need.

In the manual for the Multiplus 48/3000/230v it says the output "Can be adjusted to 60 HZ; 120 V 60 Hz on request ". But even if I could set the output to 120, the charger spec needs a voltage between 187-265 VAC so would the charger not work?

Am I out of luck?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi Christopher. As for the standard product line up you’re out of luck. If your dealer can get Victron to make a Multi like that you’ll probably end up paying more for it anyway. I would try this first.

Just a thought, could you not use a step down transformer connected to the output of the inverter, converting 230v to 120?

If you do, choose a toroidal transformer as it’s probably the most efficient option. Also, be aware that the transformer itself would consume some piwer itself..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.