question

johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje asked

Issue with Generator start Stop Function and Return of Grid

Good day

I have a Three phase installation using Quattro 48/8000 .

Generator is connected on AC input 2

I am using the Generator Start/ Stop function to start the generator , based on the SOC of my battery.

I have got the "Do not Run Generator when AC 1 is in use" Enabled

When my Grid Returns and one Phase is missing , the Generator switches off (I assume because of the "Do not run Generator when AC1 is in use " is enabled, but my Invertors does not connect to the Grid because of the Missing Phase . Thus my system drains the battery power to where my battery reaches a Low SOC and disconnects the invertors.

The only work around it is by Disable the "Do Not Run Generator when AC 1 is in use " .

BUT

When Disabling the "DO not run Generator when AC 1 is in use " . The Generator will not switch off until it reaches the SOC setting to switch off , although the Grid is back and all the phases are in check. This is a nuisance by wasting fuel when grid is available and in check

Is there any other work around to Enable the "Do not Run Generator when AC1 is in use " but ONLY when AC 1 is OK in all aspects , before it switches of the Generator. and connecting to the grid .

Regards

Johannes Cronje .

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

This may be a bug since the AC input is not fully present and can't support the 3-phase system. I would think the GX device would not shut down the generator until the AC 1 input was within specs on all three phases.

If you turn OFF switch as a group when configuring the Quatros, this may help with the partial restoration of the grid. That's done in VE.Bus System Configurator. Not sure VictronConnect has that option but you could look.

With switch as a group on, all three phases would need to be present in order for the Quatros to recognize the grid. With it off, the two Quatros with grid available willl accept their AC input while the third will not and remain in inverting mode. So the Quatros with grid would charge the battery and the Quatro without grid would consume battery power so you shouldn't drain the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje commented ·
@Kevin Windrem appreciate the feedback , will have a look at the setup on the Ve Bus configurator , it sounds like a solution to the problem . Regards
0 Likes 0 ·