question

vickly avatar image
vickly asked

How to reset voltage detection on MPPT 75 | 15

Hi, I have been battling for a week to find information on how to reset the automatic battery voltage detection on MTTP 75 | 15 .

I have a bank of large individual lead-acid cells which I connected as 24V. The Victron detected this and autoset to 24V charging cycle. However, I now need to connect this a 12V bank and the regulator's "automatic" detection only work once and keeps trying to overcharge my battery.

I have found a MTTP 150 manual which states it can be reset by shorting the "output" and applying an input for several seconds. This does NOT work on MTTP 75 series. ( I'm guessing they mean the battery output , not the load output since this is not specified ).

The same manual tells me this can be set by computer but FAILS to say how this can be done. I'm guessing , again, that this can be done via VE.direct but without a specific command and value setting this is no use.

Automatic voltage recognition can be switched off and a fixed
12/24/36 or 48 V sy stem voltage can be set with a computer or
a Color Control panel.

I have a working USB connection via FTDI cable and can see the status output from the regulator. I do not have a smartphone.

Can anyone tell me what command I need to send to the MPPT 75 or where this documentation can be found. I've downloaded everything I can find but have not been able to locate this gem of information.

TIA.

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Have a read of the Mppt manual,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vickly avatar image
vickly answered ·

Thanks but the only info there relates to using the smartphone app. I did say I don't have access to a phone and I need the info on how to set this with VE.direct commands from a PC via USB.

The solar charger automatically detects supported (e.g 12V, or 24V) system voltage (battery voltage) on first power up. If a different system voltage is required at a later stage, or if the solar charger is connected to a 36V system, this can be manually configured in the solar charger settings.

Having spent a week ploughing the internet and reading the voluminous documentation, this information seems not be provided. (sorry for the odd formatting, this forum seems a little challenged.)

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I need the info on how to set this with VE.direct commands from a PC via USB.

You wont find the information unless you read the manual. Look again at the link.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic