question

elliot330 avatar image
elliot330 asked

Load sharing - Mulitplus or Easy solar

Hi There, based in the UK. I'm thinking to use the Multiplus-II or Easy solar-II unit to charge a 15khw battery during the off-peak hours and reuse the battery to supply the house during the day, using the ESS, Parralelle grid function. Assuming I fit a 5kva variant. If the house load is over and above the output of the MP unit, will it share the load with the Grid. ie. Let's assume the house load is 10kw, can the MP supply 4kw and the grid 6kw or would the MP shut down and allow the grid to supply all 10kw of load.

balanced ac-load
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Correct. The inverter will output the maximum it can and the shortfall will be added from the grid as per your example. This image is a system of exactly such a setup from a customer with by some strange coincidence has the name Eliot. You can see the red tips on top of the blue where it happens and the red only is charging or when he ran out of battery before charging.

1652881986411.png

1652881986411.png (14.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elliot330 avatar image
elliot330 answered ·

Thank you for answering and confirming my question. Strange that he is also called Elliot, it's my first name and you don't often hear other people using it.

Looking at the graph you posted has made me think of another question ;-) It looks like the owner is on Octopus go, like me, as he is charging a lot from 00:30 till 04:30 and looks like they are using 15kwh battery. Red is use from the grid, is that correct.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
Yes, Eliot (one of two of my customers with the same name, but spelt slightly differently as with yours being a 3rd variation ;) ) uses OctopusGO and the red is grid consumption. I also ran my household like this for almost 3 years. He has 4 x US3000C Pylontech batteries, a cerbo and a 5kVA MP-II. Soon he will be adding DC coupled solar to his install.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic