question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

Fangpusun victron clones???

Hallo, as soon as I bought a smartsolar 100/300 mppt I found on the internet some Chinese mppt controllers of the fangpusun brand identical to the smartsolar victron line. And at a fairly high price, superior to more well-known Chinese MPPT companies such as epever. What does this company do ??

Does it have permission from victronenergy to make copies? I read that it uses victron software and firmware! How is it possible? In actual operation these copies have the. Same performance as Victron? Are they better or worse than the average quality Chinese alternatives?

FOR me the strongest point of victronenergy is the software and the integration of its products, not so much the electronics itself. If these fangpusun use the same software are they as a valid alternative?

I also saw that the fangpusun company also sells large mppt controllers copies of other famous western brands such as outback. Who are these people? Scammers or an honest company?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

These products use Victron firmware without permission, please report where you see them for sale to sales@victronenergy.com

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fra avatar image Fra commented ·
I make some error or moderators have canceled my question?

0 Likes 0 ·
subs avatar image
subs answered ·

I have tested the fangpusun mppts, most of the range and also pulled them apart to compare against victron

I gotta say I was very impressed to the point that I think China might manufacturer these for victron to sell or did at some point

You can not find a differance in the pcb layout, components and even the injection molding is identical

You couldn't reverse engineer them that good without some sort of slight change and besides why would you spend that much time and money and not change it slightly so it's your own make

Only way to be so close and well made is they got Gerber files and the injection mold to start with or at least was given to quote to manufacturer for victron

For the price comparison you can find better as well as some competition to victron might push victron to step up the game

Best part is all victron and fangpusun is comparable with each other that's how much they are identical.

That's my 2 cents worth on victron and fangpusun based on my experience with both

2 |3000

perun avatar image
perun answered ·

Fangpusun, e.g. 100/50, has an internal VE.Direct port. An LCD display and a simple keyboard are connected to it. It works just like the original, but provided that you do not connect VictronConnect to it. The firmware is upgraded and at the same time a virus is introduced by Victron's programmers, which after some time kills the Chinese. Victron at war with the clever Chinese. In my opinion, Fangpusun produced for Victron but their paths diverged. ...probably in disagreement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
LOL of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most. Victron does not introduce viruses.

More likely, you attempted to use Victron software on a knockoff clone and it failed, because that's not how things work.

1 Like 1 ·