question

trungt avatar image
trungt asked

Multiplus 2 5KVA not charging

Hi All..

I wonder if there are any experts out there who can help me in trying to solve this issue...

Setup: So i have...MP2-5KVA, MPPT, CerboGX, 12KWh Lifepo4 and JK BMS, Grid AC In to charge batteries, Not Grid tied (except AC In), No ESS but using wifi switch for flexibility.

Issue: I was charging lifepo4 batteries using MP2 and I stopped the charging cycle early as it was a sunny day - the day after (didnt need full charge). Since that day, I am not able to get MP2 to charge batteries from 240V AC In (location - UK)???

When I turn the rocker switch to "II" for charging, the relays would switch internally and it results in the "Mains On" green light blinking/flashing but, NO charge to batteries??? 240V AC In is present still - as you can see by Green Flashing light. Breakers / Fuse OK - no probs.

My MPPT is able to charge the batteries ok through solar panels - and so NO probs there.

I have used the Victron Toolkit for the flashing "Mains On" light (under Charger side) and it states the below.

mp2-mains-on-flashing-15-05-2022.jpg

mp2-passthrough.jpg

Tried: 1) Disconnected and reconnected batteries, BMS and MP2 - nothing 2) Switching On / Off at breakers, Main Rocker switch - nothing

3) In VE Config, I have also select "Weak AC In" and "Dynamic Current Limiter" - nothing. 4) Reset in VE Config - nothing.

I am not too sure what else I need to do to reset and get the MP2 to charge again???

Any advice is much appreciated...many thanks in advance.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TrungT

Use the cerbo to find out what the multi is doing.

In the device menu for the multi, you can see if the multi recognises the mains and if it is actually accepting the mains to go to charging.

I am assuming you have set the battey voltages and types correctly on the mppt and multiplus? And the bms is not connected to the cerbo to control the charging.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trungt avatar image trungt commented ·
Hi Alexandra - So did some screen captures below.

The MP is taking in AC and Cerbo is recognising it. AC In seems stable enough to me for MP to latch onto and use to charge batteries. However, this is not happening and the "Mains On" green light just blinks for quite some time (10mins plus) and nothing happens.

Normally, once the relays go through a switching sequence, the MP uses the AC to charge the batteries. It has been working OK for the last 13-14 Months like so (and I haven't changed any settings).

So, it is a bit of an enigma at the moment for me??!!

many thanks..

0 Likes 0 ·
trungt avatar image
trungt answered ·

Hi Alexandra

Yes, the Cerbo is recognising the AC In - as below - not too bad and seems stable enough to me.

1652622481228.png

Battery type - Lithium. Battery Voltage is good....Max V = 56V and Float = 55V (as below from MPPT).1652622662139.png

MP2 is Inverting OK from battery to AC Out as below - so no probs there..

1652622799980.png

1652622481228.png (15.6 KiB)
1652622662139.png (22.9 KiB)
1652622799980.png (18.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@TrungT

It is connected to ac but not accepting the ac. The ac in and out are not synchronised.

On the cerbo remote console go to device menu - multiplus and scroll down to the ac in and ac out. You

should see something like this...

screenshot-20220515-175410.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
trungt avatar image
trungt answered ·

Hi Alexander...

Yes, you are correct - it is not synchronised..

1652636609981.png

I am not too sure how that happened and how it got out of synchronised.

I assume I will now need to get to it match - any advice on that?

Many thanks

1652636609981.png (43.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

trungt avatar image trungt commented ·
Hi Alexander

My next step was to look at Country /Grid Code Standard and selecting "None" and deselecting UPS - MP was asking for password? I need to have a look around which password it is referring to?

I am hoping this will sort it out and allow for the variation in voltage/frequency??

0 Likes 0 ·
trungt avatar image trungt trungt commented ·

Hi Alexander

I hope you're well....So carrying on with my issue - this saga.

I have managed to get the password to select the Country Code to "None". When I turn the rocker switch to "Charge Only", the voltages synchronise and then....the relays switch over to "Charger" and as soon as it does that, the relay switched off and it goes back to "Mains On"??? I am lost basically. I thought the change of country code would get the AC In to synch and charge..

Do you have any ides for me to try next?

Many thanks for your advice..

screenshot-20220822-215211-vrm.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1661286295327.png (368.9 KiB)