question

ravenangelus avatar image
ravenangelus asked

SmartSolar MPPT 100/20-48V - 48V not selectable?

Hi

I have a SmartSolar Mppt 100/20 -48V unit i installed, the Android Victron App forced me to do a firmware update from V1.27 to V 1.39. I Have the Latest Victron Connect App on my phone , but when i finally got into the controller to set my battery type the Mppt only gave me 12 or 24V options and my system is setup for a 48V. the Mppt states it is a 48V model.

can anyone assist me.

Regards

Urgent Help Needed

smart solar set-up help
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nonpublished avatar image nonpublished commented ·

I think we both got the wrong items sent to us, they must flash these 12/24 units to 48v and forgot to check these before selling them,

Pain in the butt sitting here on a job site and telling my customer I bought the wrong parts.
Cannot blame the guys in the Netherlands they don't have a phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ nonpublished commented ·

@nonpublished, please see my photo and immediately contact your distributor - you do not have a 48v version of the 100/20. Victron doesn't "flash" them to 48v, they're actually different units and have different boxes and have a specific "48v" print on the chassis itself.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @raven.angelus, are you absolutely sure that you are connected to the correct unit? I checked here on my unit and it shows 12V..48V for the voltages as it should.

FYI: we never had firmware 1.27 for this particular modem, 1.29 was the initial version.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ravenangelus avatar image ravenangelus commented ·

i has 4 x Victron AGM Deep cycle is series, that are connected to the MPPT, i checked on the Victron connect App for a Mppt file that it was ment to be and it shows the 12- 48V setting , i tried to push the file to the MPPT and it gives me a error and says it was not meant for the device.

on the front of the MPPT it states 48V but if i go into the bluetooth Victron connect app and link up to the unit it only shows 12-24 v

0 Likes 0 ·

I have the same problem.

I ordered 2 48 v units and both requested me for a firmware update, After connecting I only have 12/24 option.

the box shoes 12/24 but a lime green stick on each box shows
VOC-210060
100/20
48v Charge controller.

SERIAL # on one unit HQ1901UHI3F

VER 1.46 FIRMWARE

0 Likes 0 ·
thumbnail-1.jpeg (143.0 KiB)
nonpublished avatar image
nonpublished answered ·

I am having the same problem No option for 48v in settings

thumbnail-2.jpeg (114.9 KiB)
thumbnail-1.jpeg (143.0 KiB)
thumbnail.png (154.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@nonpublished, sorry to say, but you have a regular 100/20 that someone slapped a "48v" sticker on. The real 100/20-48v version has very different specs on the side. Please immediately contact your dealer and inform them of the mistake.

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks

They are mailing me 2 new units tomorrow.
:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ nonpublished commented ·

Excellent! Double-check those when you get them as well; the 48v versions -besides different specs on the box- also have a small "48v" after the 100/20 marking on the case itself.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic